SASSA is a dynamic organisation that provides a range of essential services to a diverse group of South Africans. With offices countrywide, our operational structures aspire to embrace all that is state-of-the-art, offices that are modern and an environment designed to stimulate the worker to achieve, enjoy, progress and prosper.
ADVERT: NORTHERN CAPE
Administrative Clerk: Administrative Support – Salary level 05
Salary: R202 233 – R235 611p.a. exclusive of benefits
Location: Frances Baard District – Jan Kempdorp Local Office (Ref No.: SAS 23/11/01)
- The candidate should have a Senior Certificate; 0-1 year working experience; Knowledge in support services, Computer literacy is essential; a post matric qualification as well as a valid driver’s licence will serve as added advantage.
- The incumbent will assist to keep log book of pool vehicles and ensure the maintenance thereof; Keep appropriate registers updated
- Check for completeness of leave forms and HR Documentation; Forward all HR request to be finalised at Regional/District office level; Have a filing system in place aligned to the master file plan of SASSA; Represent the Local Office in various meetings, forums, committees
- Assist with the arrangement of meetings and special events or awareness campaigns; Obtain quotations; Ordering of items; Receipts, check and book items in accordance to the delivery note; Arrange for payment of invoice;
- Receive a VA2 from supervisor; Issue stores (officers sign for receipt); Send to Regional/District Office for approval
Important notes: Appointment will be subject to a compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of qualification, references, ITC, and criminal checks. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) prior to the selection process.
The Agency is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof. Please note: All SASSA staff are subject to compulsory Security Vetting on appointment. No faxed applications will be accepted.
The Agency is an Equal opportunity employer. Therefore, preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will assist the Agency in achieving its Employment Equity targets in terms of the Agency’s Employment Equity Plan. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Closing date: 01 December 2023
Applicants interested in applying for the post should send their applications (CV and New Z83) quoting the relevant reference number and position name as per
the advert. The subject heading of the email should indicate the name of the position you are applying for.
Applicants must ensure that they send their applications
to a correct inbox/email indicated on the position. Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV (specifying qualifications – institution obtained from, experience, duties, indicating the respective dates (MM/YY) per position, Identity Number, Race and Gender as well as indicating references with full contact details.
Interviews may be conducted via a virtual medium which will be discussed with each shortlisted applicant. Kindly note that copies of qualification, certificate, ID and driver’s license etc, should be submitted upon request.
Applications for the above position must be sent / emailed to: [email protected]
Enquiries: Ms Glodean Peterson on (053) 802 7557
Correspondence will only be conducted with the short- listed candidates, If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Failure to comply with the above will automatically disqualify candidates.