Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the following by election related temporary positions in the administration of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established by Chapter 9 of the Constitution.
TARGETED REGISTRATION STAFF: FIELD WORKERS
HANDYMAN/DRIVER and others
Daily rate of R 370 subject to statutory deductions and days engaged / trained
Job Purpose: To contribute towards strengthening electoral democracy processes by assisting in coordinating the registration of voters and related programs of the Electoral Commission at voting station level.
- Must be a SA citizen.
- Must be a registered voter
- In the last five years must not have held political office or been a candidate in an election
- or have been politically active for a political party or campaigning for a political party
- [appearing on the candidate list of any political party for the local governments will result in
- immediate termination of appointment]
- In the last five years must not have been elected to office in an organization that has
- party political affiliations or aims
- Must not have been convicted of serious criminal offence(s)
- Must have basic technological knowledge and experience(e.g. working a smartphone or
- similar device)
- Must be proficient in the relevant local languages of the municipality
- Must have a valid bank account
- Must demonstrate proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight and
- demanding deadlines
- Must be willing to undergo training
- Must demonstrate professionalism and impartiality at all times
Some of the responsibilities of the job (subject to position appointed to):
- Door to door registration in the identified VD
- Use of a registration device e.g. zip-zip or VMD to undertake the registration;
- Communication with voters through the dropping of a pamphlet explaining that the
- voting station has changed and
- Assist in the administration and the return of registration devices and any
- documentation in the TCR process
- Communication and Registration event.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with successful candidates and is under no obligation to fill the positions after advertising it. Although advertised, it may be withdrawn or re-advertised. Applicants should under no circumstances have a high party political profile. Applications must in all cases be accompanied by recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of qualifications, recent bank statement, SARS tax number and identity document.
Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered. Please note Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile. All successful permanent candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts. Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
All applications must include: updated comprehensive curriculum vitae; a copy of all qualification documents; a copy of identity document; and a copy of driver’s license (if required). Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
A probation period of twelve months will be applicable to permanent employees. The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates. The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.