Company: Lancet Laboratory
Closing Date: 02 February 2024
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Admin Clerk / Receptionist. This is a Permanent position based at Brits.
Administers the receiving, capturing and distribution of all samples to ensure correct information is obtained and recorded and to facilitate the speedy processing of samples in terms of service objectives.
- Grade 12 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification
- Bsc Degree Advantageous
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Relevant Job Knowledge
- Computer literate
- Laboratory information systems
- Organizational policy procedures
Key Performance Areas
- Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritized channeling of specimens to various laboratories/ sites.
- Processes sample registration (“logging”) and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
- Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
- Performs hospital rounds to distribute reports and collect submitted samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Handles and refers to administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
- Responsible for tracking the progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
- Investigates bottlenecks in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensures timely resolution of challenges.
- Ensures basic housekeeping in its own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures.
- Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms.
- Represents the organization by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
- Management of the reception area and give out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service
- Receives cash from patients and ensures banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solutions, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organizational policy.
- Prepares and scans patient forms onto laboratory scanning system (Oculus) and resolves the scanning incompletes according to set standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to Lancet uniform protocols as set standard operating procedures.
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Adherence to company dress code
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Business numeracy