Work Integrated Learning FET/TVET-YES
Location: All Province
Company: PG Group
PG is the name for glass in Southern Africa. Established in Cape Town in 1897, the Group produces, distributes and installs automotive, building glass, aluminium and glass film solutions. The PG Group is a significant worldwide player and our operations comply with the highest international safety, quality and environmental standards. PG Group is invested in the following divisions: PG Glass, PG Glass Africa, Shatterprufe, LLumar, Widney, PFG Building Glass, PG Building Glass, PG Primador and PG Aluminium.
PG Group has work experience and exposure opportunities for youth in the various Operational Divisions across the country.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide a professional, efficient and effective operational/technical and/or shared services functions within the respective business area.
To perform tasks and duties as governed by the respective role occupied within the respective business area
Where applicable, to be developed and gain experience through a learning program within the relevant business area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Provide professional operational/technical/shared services functions to ensure excellent service delivery to the business
- Ensure the highest level of quality workmanship and timeous execution of assigned tasks
- Understand and perform the given tasks in an effective, efficient and safe manner
- Apply good working behaviours and team work
- Provide professional service to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure politeness, friendliness and helpfulness in the workplace
- Develop the habit of excellence to ensure the delivery of superior customer service
- Always wear clean and presentable corporate/safety wear
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Perform all tasks and activities as per the role requirements
- Raise maintenance and hygiene issues to Management to address.
- Adhere to all other reasonable requests issued by Management.
- Comply to company procedures including Health and Safety
- Assist with operational / execution support activities and tasks as per business area, but not limited to:
- Adhering to and maintaining the set productivity and performance assessment standards
- Completing all administration to the required standard
- Performing operational duties per instruction and under supervision
- Activities that support exceptional task performance and customer experience
- Continuous learning and development
- TVET/FET qualification (in relevant discipline)
- Knowledge of general hygiene good practices
- A thirst for continuous learning and growth
- A strong focus on service excellence and customer relations
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Reporting and presentation skills
- Analytic and creative thinking
- Discovering and applying rules
- The ability to be mobile within geographical area (where applicable)
- The ability to travel independently (where applicable)
- The ability to work shifts (where applicable)