Job Title: Professor/Associate Professor & Head – Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Job ID: 24987
Full/Part Time: Full-Time, Regular
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL AND SYSTEMS ENGINEERING.
University of Pretoria, one of the top research Universities in South Africa, committed to quality which gives them a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria are welcoming applications for the above vacancy.
The strategic, academic, leadership and transformation of the Department, Promoting, planning, organising, accreditation and managing of academic and research programmes and the Department’s research profile.
The recruitment and management of world class personnel, All financial activities including externally funded projects, Playing an active role as academic leader of the discipline at a local, national and international level and development of international partnerships, Marketing and growing the Department with the emphasis on student growth, Leading and promoting research intensity within the Department in terms of research outputs, international publications and PhD students.
- A PhD in Industrial Engineering or related qualification,Registration as a Professional Engineer, Expertise and research experience in one or more of the specialist areas of the research groups in the Department, A proven research record supported by publications in high quality peer reviewed journals and conference papers delivered internationally.
- At least six years’ experience at a tertiary academic institution or industry related experience, A record of previous undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience, including supervision of Masters and/or Doctoral students, A well established and nationally recognised research record supported by publications in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- Evidence of sustained publications output (academic personnel), Evidence of conducting reviewer duties for journals and/or conferences, An NRF rating is preferred.
Same as for Associate Professor, plus;
- At least eight years’ experience at a tertiary academic institution or industry related experience, A record of previous undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching experience, including graduation of Doctoral students, A well-established and internationally recognised research record supported by publications in high quality peer reviewed journals with an average of 2 units published per year over the past 3 years, Evidence of conference papers delivered internationally, Evidence of conducting reviewer duties for ISI journals, An NRF rating is required for this level.
Head of Department must demonstrate:
Experience in the following:
High-level liaison with internal and external stakeholders and professional boards, Managing and leadership activities, Marketing of technical projects to obtain research and development contracts and research funding, Professional knowledge and experience in the built/engineering environment sector, Managing the engineering and technical staff Accreditation processes, National and/or international collaboration, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Managerial experience at a tertiary institution
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- International recognition
- An exceptional research record in one of the department’s research specialization fields.
FOR ENQUIRIES: Prof WJvdM Steyn, Tel: (012) 420 5318
CLOSING DATE: 6 April 2023
For more information APPLY HERE