Employer: O’Brien Recruitment
Job Title: Driver
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
We are currently recruiting for Drivers for our database. The ideal candidate must have a valid drivers license / PDP.
Imports/exports experience advantageous.
We’re on the lookout for a skilled and reliable driver . If you’re experienced behind the wheel and seeking a new opportunity, read on to learn more about this position.
- Responsible for providing crucial link between service providers, customs, depots and operational staff.
- Submission of customs documentation, arranging customs examinations and port health/anti smuggling inspections as required
- Collection and delivery of freight, ensuring PODs correctly completed (Signature, name, company stamp and date).
- Cargo collection and delivery as soon as released to avoid storage.
- Ensuring cargo correctly checked & weighed, advising office of any discrepancies
- Filing of entries & PODs / monitoring and advising of storage, assisting with RIB and RIT acquittals
- Daily Vehicle check in accordance with check list
- Checking for import documents from Airline handling agents daily.
- Communication with all departments to ensure important cargo is prioritized, and alternative arrangements made for deliveries that cannot be met.
Sales & service coordination:
- Ensure customer service levels maintained, providing crucial front line link between office and clients, requiring good communication skills and ability to use initiative.
- Responsible for following up leads or communicating opportunities to Line Manager.
- Ensure that all Company owned property is managed with Company’s best interest in mind. Responsible for airfreight vehicle and cell phone.
- Maintain daily log sheets documenting number of calls, times, kilometers and signatures from clients.
- Reporting any accidents to SAPS and Manager immediat