ABOUT THE POSITION
Amka, a leading manufacturing company, is looking for a Maintenance Fitter. In a recent ranking of South Africa’s top 500 companies, the Topco Media Research Foundation recognized Amka as the Best Managed Company in the Personal Products sector.
- Minimum 2-3 years of FMCG experience, ideally more than 3 years’ experience
- Red Seal qualification involves completing the four-year practical apprenticeship, followed by a written trade test
- Knowledge of liquids and creams filling machines and principles.
- Knowledge of rotary filling machines as well as linear filling machines
- Knowledge of printer, labeller end of the line equipment like shrink tunnels; pneumatics
- Maintenance fitter with FMCG experience, to be able to work under pressure.
- Willing to work shifts and be willing to stay behind and fix a breakdown if one occurred.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of statistical control systems like Shopware and Wonderware that measure the real-time performance of equipment.
- Have a very good knowledge of lean principles, good manufacturing principles; root cause analysis, and the 5S system
Desired Education Level: Grade 12 / Matric
- Preventative Maintenance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Predictive Maintenance
About The Employer:
Amka Products (PTY) Ltd is an FMCG Business founded in Pretoria in the 1950’s. From the outset, Amka has focused on the unique needs and opportunities inherent in Africa’s emerging markets.
The company specializes in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of products that meet consumer needs in Hair Care, Skin Care, Fragrance and Homecare markets in over sixty countries around the world. Distribution is achieved through chain stores, independent retailers, salons, wholesalers and buying groups. Amka operates from twelve facilities in Sunderland Ridge, Pretoria.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
- Performance Bonus.
HOW TO APPLY