Closing Date: 02 February 2023
The CSIR has an opportunity for Apprentice Fitter and Turner in the Technology for Special Operations within the Defence and Security cluster. This CSIR site is an accredited MERSETA training facility that presents the training for approved apprentices according to the appropriate requirements.
This opportunity is available at the Stellenbosch Campus. The successful candidate/s will be required to sign a renewable contract on an annual basis as milestones are met per year.
- Commit to and successfully complete the apprenticeship training and academic studies within the prescribed four-year period up to the completion of a Trade Certificate;
- Participate and support relevant Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) activities in the workshop environment;
- Assess and repair equipment breakdowns.
- A Senior (Matric/Grade 12) Certificate from a Technical High School with all the appropriate subjects towards apprentice training for a Fitter and Turner.
- Additional qualifications in a technical field will be advantageous.
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report / certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Ability to swim / formal diving qualification is advantageous.
- South African citizenship is required; must have or be able to obtain a valid security clearance and must not hold dual citizenship.
HOW TO APPLY