Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Packaging-Engineering Department: Millwright Artisan based at Supply Chain Plant, Wadeville in Johannesburg. The successful incumbent will report to the Packaging-Engineering Team Leader
Purpose of the Position:
To maintain all equipment to optimize availability of equipment and give assistance with the coordination of line activities to meet the production plan.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining machinery and equipment on the site per required standard.
- Adherence to Planned and Preventative maintenance schedules
- Improving OEE (overall equipment efficiency) on all production lines.
- Reduce unplanned downtime
- Health and Safety supervision of machinery, equipment and working environment
- Compliance to OHS Act.
- Provide an effective Engineering service to the Production department
- Perform administrative tasks (job cards, quality check sheets, etc.)
- Perform stand-in duties
- Leading and supervising people
- Participate in Mini business activities and practices.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- N3-N6 equivalent with Trade Certificate – Millwright/Fitting and Turning
- Grade 12 or Mechanical NTC3
- Full N2 trade theory completed
- Experience in a high speed, high-tech bottling operation will be advantageous
- Completed apprenticeship with recognized Institution i.e. was registered as an apprentice
- More than 2-3 years relevant practical experience
- Ability to work under pressure and display good attention to detail
Proven ability in problem solving and knowledge of the various problem solving methods
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work without or limited supervision
- To reflect good leadership behaviour – towards colleagues, superior and company values
- Must be willing and able to work shifts and overtime when required.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
HOW TO APPLY