Position : General Workers (Street Cleaning /Stacking/Sweeping/Lane Flushing/Carcass Removal/Bin Delivery)
Department : Operations
Location : Various Depots
Remuneration: R 9 531,55. (Basic salary, excluding benefits)
Reporting to : Team Leader
To carry out relevant cleaning and/or refuse bin delivery-related tasks. These tasks can include any one or more of Street Cleaning, Stacking, Sweeping, Lane Flushing, Carcass Removal and/or Bin Deliveries and other general duties.
- Litter picking, street sweeping, removing of stickers and pamphlets from street furniture, poles and road signs,cleaning informal settlements, assisting with clean-up campaigns in partnership with the City Departments
- Loading of waste to the trucks
- Distribution of Pikitup refuse bags/ bin liners at informal settlements
- Identify , remove and clean illegal dumping hotspots
- Clearing of spillages when bag breakage occurs.
- Report all incidences relating to safety, equipment and injuries to the supervisor
- Conduct environmental education and awareness in communities
Must be physically and mentally fit
No criminal record
Must be South African
Reside within City of Johannesburg
12 months relevant or similar experience
Required Competencies: Knowledge:
Knowledge of relevant tools, equipment and procedures
Understanding of relevant legislation; knowledge of relevant company procedures
Applicants must submit their CV together with certified copies of identity document, qualifications
and police clearance.
Pikitup reserves the right not to fill any vacancies.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted applicants. Should you not hear from us
within six weeks after the closing date of the advert please consider your application unsuccessful.
By submitting your application for a position at Pikitup, you are consenting that the personal
information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of Recruitment
and Selection and related processes.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered.
Closing Date: 15 December 2023
APPLY ONLINE VIA: www.joburg.org.za