Job Title: PHARMACIST X2
(Payclass 10; 12-month contract)
1 full time position Cape Town and 1 part-time position Gqeberha Institute of Infectious Diseases and Molecular Medicine (IDM)
Faculty of Health Sciences
The Centre for Infectious Diseases Research in Africa (CIDRI-Africa) based at the Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine (IDM) in the Faculty of Health Sciences invites applications from suitably experienced candidates for 2x 12-month contract positions.
We seek highly motivated Research Pharmacists to join our current group of pharmacists, who will be responsible for receiving, storing, recording and dispensing trial medication and vaccine, utilising Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP) for participants enrolled in clinical trials. Working with Project managers and Lead investigators with input from the
Principal Investigators and Co-Principal Investigators. The Cape Town post is a fulltime position based at the clinical research site in Khayelitsha as well as supporting studies being conducted at other hospitals by CIDRI-Africa investigators.
The Gqeberha post is part-time and based at Livingstone Hospital.(25hrs per week, with flexibility )
- Registration with the South African pharmacy council
- Professional Indemnity
- Ability to work with Microsoft packages, and interact with sponsor via websites and emails
- Experience in vaccine preparation
- Knowledge of the health care system and medication formulary being used in the Western Cape Department of Health clinical services
- Current Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification
- Clinical knowledge of HIV/TB management, excellent understanding of ARV management
- Understanding and implementing management of trial medication and con-medication of clinical protocols being conducted by CIDRI-Africa investigators.
- Ensure that medication for current protocols are in stock, correctly stored and correctly accounted for Management of pharmacy activities as required by the sponsor with other members of the pharmacy team
- Preparing and maintaining study documentation Study administration; management of pharmacy regulatory files
- Training of new staff and training with current staff as required
- Input into clinic diary control
- Equipment management and maintenance of logs for all equipment in the pharmacy area
- Daily quality control of case report forms (CRFs)
- Creating pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures and input into Clinical Quality Management Plans for each protocol
- The annual cost of employment is between R358 628 to R682 513.
To apply, please e-mail Cover letter, and Curriculum Vitae (CV) documents in a single pdf file to: [email protected]
UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
Please ensure the title, reference number as well as the preferred site are indicated in the subject line.
Contact person for any queries prior to application [email protected]
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 404 7694
Reference number: E231013
Closing date: 24 October 2023