Job Title: General Miner
Requisition Number: RPM 0049885
Reference: RPM AD0004394
Type of employment: Permanent
Location: Operating Segment Platinum Rustenburg
Job Grading: C2
No of positions: X10
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
Minimum Required Qualification:
- Level 2: Grade 10 and National Certificates level 2 Certificate GET Services
The Appointee should:
- Blasting certificate
- Certified Competent as a Stoper/Developer
- Valid first aid certificate
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years’ mining experience
- Medically fit to work in the specific business area.
- Clear security screening record.
- Grade 12 NQF Level 4 or equivalent
- Mining operation (Production) • Conduct and/ or supervise early morning examinations according to procedures
- Prepare the face for daily blast • Supervise the cycle of operation • Sign for and adhere to blasting schedules
- Ensure charging up procedures and standards are adhered to including connecting time • Supervise end of shift procedures
- Monitor daily advance measurements and initiate corrective action • Optimisation of allocated resources • Monitor daily advance measurements and initiate corrective actions
- Display updated plans for all to be informed Administration and reporting • Conduct legal and general administration duties • Complete timesheets for signing on/ off • Order explosives and update inventory list of equipment • Submit shift tally report • Sign and adhere to equipment checklist • Compile and ensure adherence to leave roster • Complete and sign day/ night shift communication book • Complete and sign token books • Monitor and report breakdowns to minimise delays
- Building a values-based organisational culture • Actively support and meaningfully participate in the execution of the segment specific organisational development plan. This support will manifest in the targeted shift in culture as described by a valid culture assessment. ESG Compliance • Align to international responsible mining principles. • SA Gold Operations: Align to World Gold Council (WGC) • Responsible Gold Mining Principles (RGMPs). • SA PGM Operations: Enhance Together for Sustainability (eTfS) • initiative. • US PGM Operations: Enhance together for ICCM principles. SHE Compliance • Initiate, conduct and record safety meetings • Ensure compliance with legal requirements including communication and token books • Conduct risk assessments and identify hazards • Create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment • Scrutinize reports submitted by service departments (e.g., survey, ventilation, safety, engineering) and implement the required action when necessary Focus on safe production & operational excellence • Focus on safety and health as well as operational excellence • Improve our position on global industry cost curve People Management • Coach staff on the job, especially when working sub-standard-safety tips and hints • Provide advice to Development/Stoping/Trackless team on the technical requirements to optimise performance • Ensure that team members have clear work expectations and plans from day to day and week to week and supplies feedback to team on performance. • Ensure that work is fairly allocated, and team members provided continuous support to each other until shift objectives are achieved • Assess staff performance, give constructive feedback and schedule required training • Support the induction of new employees into the Development/Stoping/Trackless team
HR Contact Person: Palesa Tlou
Recruitment Person: Vanessa Cleven
Recruiter’s contact number: 0144952563
Closing Date: 6 November 2023