TAKING THE NEXT GENERATION TO NEW HEIGHTS
South African Airways offers a variety of programmes that positively prepare South Africa’s youth to take on a progressive career journey. Our Youth Development Programmes are designed to expose youth to new knowledge and opportunities to practice skills in the workplace.
We want to empower tomorrow’s generation to become an integral part of the workplace by empowering them to reach for their dreams.
SAA cabin crew are required to be professional, friendly individuals who deliver a personalized, consistent service to our customers on board our aircraft. Our cabin crew are more than just the airline brand ambassadors, they represent the South African nation; they reflect the colourful cultures of the nation, the warm African hospitality and the beauty of our land.
At SAA we regard it a privilege to be an SAA cabin crew member and with this privilege comes an enormous amount of responsibility. Cabin crew are required to be well groomed, medically fit and should maintain a healthy lifestyle. They need to be able to manage fatigue, jet lag, and ensure that they are sufficiently rested before each duty.
- Clover Learnership
- KFC Hiring
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Learnership
- Crazy Store Hiring
- Learnership: Traffic Trainees (X36 positions)
The SAA cabin crew travel to international destinations, meet interesting people, stay in excellent hotels and experience different cultures and places. Yet the job is also challenging they sometimes have to forego family get-togethers; birthdays and other social activities. Whilst on duty, they are expected to deal with emergencies, turbulence, sick passengers, and possible conflict amongst flight occupants, delays, tiredness and loneliness may also occur.
If this exciting, challenging career is for you, you need to obtain distinctions in Aviation Medicine training, safety and emergency procedures training, and SAA service procedures training. You also need to pass the South African Civil Aviation Authority Licensing Assessments. All training is given after the recruitment process once an incumbent starts their job.
- Graduate Programme
- Internship Programme
- Cadet Pilot Development Programme
- Cabin Crew Skills Programme
- Flight Dispatcher Skills Programme
- Technical Apprenticeship Programme
Before applying for a Cabin Crew position; the candidate must meet the following requirements
- You must have a Grade 12 or equivalent diploma
- Pass in English at Grade 12 level (or equivalent)
- Pass the SAA English Language Proficiency Test
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Safety orientated
- Culturally sensitive
- You must have the ability to work under pressure
- No negative findings on SAA’s pre-employment checks (criminal, credit and qualification checks)
- Must be medically fit
- With a minimum height of 1.58m
- Be a competent swimmer