Reference Number: MOT230913-25
Job Title: Driver/Cleaner
Job Type: Classification Permanent
Auto Pedigree, a leading supplier of quality, used low kilometer vehicles through +70 branches countrywide, is inviting applications from honest, trustworthy, and highly responsible candidates with relevant driving experience to apply for the position of Driver/Cleaner at our Germiston branch.
Covid-19 vaccination is an important part of Motus Retail and Rental’s commitment to stopping the spread of COVID-19 not only in our workplaces, but the country as a whole. This is because vaccines offer protection to employees by reducing their risk of infection, or the severity of their symptoms; and at a population level, referred to as population-immunity. Given that vaccination is a priority in the fight against COVID-19, we encourage vaccinated candidates to apply for the vacant position.
The purpose of the position is to provide an effective transport service as per agreed standard operating procedures and legislative requirements. To deliver and collect goods, documentation, vehicles and customers at required destinations in a safe and proper manner.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Cleaning of vehicle interior and exterior to our high standards on showroom floor
- Vehicle quality control, including identification and reporting of expired license vehicles, service due and any other issue that does not conform to our quality standards also including vehicles received from other locations and or suppliers.
- Refueling vehicles, checking tyre pressure and oil/water/other fluids.
- Delivering vehicles to customers and internally to other branches in accordance with our procedures.
- Delivering to and fetching of documentation from banks, suppliers, Internal within the company and customers.
- Maintaining cleanliness of premises.
- Maintaining the integrity of the company by behaving ethically and safeguarding the assets and interests of both the business and our customers.
- Other duties on request of the Branch Manager.
- 2 years’ and more of relevant experience
- Grade 12
- Valid, unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license (at least 2 years old)
- Computer literate (basic level will suffice)
- Must be fully bilingual and able to communicate with customers effectively in English.
- Able to read a map.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills to support excellent face-to-face customer relations.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- Honest, trustworthy and highly responsible.
- Neat and presentable.
- Must be able to handle pressure and exhibit good time management skills, demonstrating a sense of urgency and commitment.
Closing Date: 2023/09/20