CHIEF ADMINISTRATION CLERK: PERSONNEL INFORMATION SECURITY X2
Reference Number: refs/018197
Directorate: Security Service and Safe School
Number of Posts: 2
Package: R 294 321 per annum
Employer: Department of Education
Location: Head Office, Johannesburg
- Matric plus 3-5 years’ experience in administrative and/ or clerical support. Knowledge of Public Service Act, Batho Pele Principles, Public Service Regulations, BAS, LOGIC. Must be able to value people, work in a team, generate ideas, convey self-confidence, articulate information, cope with pressure and embrace change.
- Computer literacy, planning and organization skills, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and presentation skills.
- To provide Personnel Information Security administrative support. Render Personnel and Information Security administrative services.
- Receive submitted applications documents and enquiries regarding the status of security clearances for relevant service providers in accessing departmental facilities.
- Provide statistical and progress reports regarding Electronic Security Information equipment (Security/ surveillance cameras, Biometrics and electronic access and zoning system, Access identification cards).
- Facilitate the efficient flow of documents and information within the sub-directorate. Draft and package briefing notes for the director as required (Minimum Information Security Standard (MISS) audits and Technical Surveillance and Counter Measures (TSCM)).
- Record minutes/ decisions on the meeting outcomes and communicate to relevant stakeholders. Provide an efficient filing system for all Information Security and Vetting documents. Facilitate the efficient movement of documents as per approved filing and document tracking system. Maintenance and sake keeping of Personnel and Information Security, Vetting files, documents.
- Record and communicate minutes/ decisions on departmental security committee functions. Provide correspondence regularly with the following law enforcement agencies and other relevant agencies (State Security Agency (SSA), South African Police Servicer (SAPS), Home Affairs and Private Security Regulatory Agency (PRASA)).
- Coordinate Security Clearance intervention for the departmental employees and identified personnel. Coordinate security screening of new and identified GDE employees. Coordinate security screening of identified companies service providers and their personnel.
- Compile monthly/ quarterly/ annually reports on security screening of personnel. Conduct investigations and make recommendation on security screening measures. Implementation of the approved Personnel Information Security policies, procedures and guidelines. Provide inputs on the development of and customization of Personnel and Information Security policies guidelines and procedures.
- Provide inputs on the development and implementation of vetting and security screening, policies guidelines and procedures. Conduct presentations as part of Personnel and Information Security awareness training, implementation and explaining the Personnel Security policies and procedures to the Departmental personnel.
- Supervise human resources/staff. Allocate and ensure quality of work. Personnel development. Assess staff performance. Apply discipline.
For Enquiries: Ms Michelle Mutarara Tel: 010 600 6179
Closing Date: 14-07-2023