ATM CUSTODIAN – (BOKSBURG) G4S CASH SOLUTIONS SOUTH AFRICA
Salary: Market Related
Closes: 30 Nov 2023
Job Type: Full Time and Permanent
Business Unit: South Africa – Cash Solutions
Region / Division: Africa
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a ATM Custodian based at our operations in Boksburg.
Reporting to the Planner, this role is responsible for ensuring that ATM’s are replenished on time so that customers’ machines can operate.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which operations plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
In consideration of the position applied for, which entails the use and handling of firearms, and in compliance with legal regulations, prospective candidates will be required to submit a valid medical certificate confirming their fitness to carry and utilize a firearm before their employment can commence.
It is important to note that the medical certificate is not mandatory for the initial interview stage. However, it will become a requirement when a candidate is being seriously considered for the position and subsequently subject to vetting and screening processes.
The submitted medical certificate should not be older than 3 months prior to the date of engagement.
ATM up time
- Ensure that the ATM terminals are correctly stocked with cash and stationary (as per order instruction)
- Maintain close liaison with the control centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved timeously.
- Ensure that all ATM terminals cubicles are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
- ATM cash / replenishment
- Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions (ATM, bags or canisters must be sealed)
- Balance cash at the required intervals (add or top-up).
- Ensure correct process has been followed and correct details entered on the ATM (system)
- Obtain slip for every replenishment
- Report no service or change in service
- Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly (daily or as and when required / instructed).
- Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss (at all time)
- Deposits / Purge Bin
- Clear cash deposits accurately promptly if applicable
- Hand irregular deposits or those requiring scrutiny to the BSO or any other designated officer for scrutiny promptly.
- Ensure Delivery to Bank or G4S Cash Centre
- Reports / Reconciliation
- Action ATM reports as listed on the duty list promptly in terms of laid-down instructions.
- Ensure ATM slips are controlled and delivered to the cash center
- Reconcile ATM cash daily (same day) as per laid down procedure
- Not allow to leave premises if not in balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Grade 12
- PSIRA Grade C
- CIT certificate
- SAPS Firearm Competency with Business Purposes
- 2 Years Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- G4S Standard Operating Procedures
- Firearm Competency
- Delivering performance
- Customer Thinking