Closing Date: 2023/09/20
Reference Number: RCL230821-4
Company: RCL Foods
Job Title: Miller – Pretoria West Functions Processing and Milling
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Pretoria West
RCL FOODS is seeking a Miller to join our Baking Division. The role will be based in Pretoria West and report to the Head Miller. The successful applicant will be responsible for efficient and cost effective operations of all mills, while ensuring all finished products adhere to specific quality criteria, and all stipulated targets and measurement to be attained daily.
- Qualified Miller that is trade tested in maize milling technologies preferably (Wheat and Maize will be ideal)
- Minimum 3 years of milling experience in a high-capacity plant
- Fumigation and Grading Certification
- Advanced milling qualifications will be an advantage
Duties & Responsibilities
Operational Tasks Roller Mills:
- Ensure break releases on Wheat Mills are carried out on a weekly basis as per instruction.
- Ensure no build-up of stock on roll feed plates.
- Ensure all scrapers and roll brushes are checked per shift and changed if necessary
- Ensure roll hopper exhausts are fully operational per shift
- Ensure all sifter maintenance is carried out as per requirements and schedules
- Ensure any burst covers are replaced on shift
- Ensure all inlet/outlet sleeves on sifter and purifiers are intact
- Ensure screens of all turbo sieves on Germ system is intact, clean and machine inside cleaned out regularly
- Ensure all purifier brushes are fully operational and in good condition at all times Air tunnel on top of machines are clean and purifiers set.
- Ensure covers are taut and not blinded at all times
- Ensure correct separation on all concentrators and maize mill aspirators
Aspiration and Exhausts:
- Ensure manometer reading on all filters is on acceptable levels
- Ensure pneumatic hammer and pulsing unit on filter is working at all times
- Ensure heater banks running at correctly controlled temperature at all times General Routine checks on efficient running of milling machines set by Mill Manager
- Ensure correct flour stocks are available in correct location as required by scheduling system Correct setting and balancing of Milling machines
- Ensure performance rate of 95% maintained on all mills Quality
- Ensure Pekar tests are done twice per shift on all finished products
- Ensure all finished products are tested on shift using Diode Array machine and recorded in quality book Ensure quality standards on all finished products are kept to agreed specifications
- Ensure reduction in waste and adopting lean manufacturing principles