Job title: Learnership: Health Promotion Officers x20
Duration: 12 Months
The “Wits Health Hubb” (WHH) programme aims to provide meaningful professional work experience, training, and qualification in the health care space for formerly unemployed youth; to activate health consciousness and personal well being amongst youth and to expand community access to health care. At the end of 12- months trainees will obtain an NQF Level 3, Health Promotion Officer (HPO) qualification (SAQA ID NO:94597).
Key performance areas:
- Carrying out basic health assessments for households in Soweto.
- Providing basic health education and referrals for a limited range of services. Supporting and assisting in navigating the health and social services system. Gathering research data for national and international studies.
- Taking measurements or vital signs in adults, temperature, pulse, respiration rate, blood pressure, and anthropometry.
Minimum requirements for the application
- Matric / Grade 12
- Youth 18 – 29 years old
- Basic Computer literacy
- Residing in Soweto
- Not currently in employment, education, or training.
- Learners must be willing to commit for the full duration of the programme.
- Learners must be adequate mobile to execute work within the Community.
- Learners must have adequate visual and hearing capacity to master the envisaged skills.
- Previous experience in health, counseling or community work is advantageous but not a requirement.
Should you be Interested in applying for this vacancy apply below.
Please include the following documentation in your application as requested:
Kindly be advised that candidates would be required to complete an assessment as part of the application process.
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference wit be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments there to.
Closing Date: 18 September 2023