Job Title: Learner Technician (NPE)Electrical Engineering(Heavy Current)
Location: Ekandustria, North West, ZA
Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a 70-year heritage. Through our talented people, we use our expertise and selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, manufacture and market chemical and energy products globally. When you join Team Sasol, you are joining a company that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Sasol invests in its employees along every stage of the career path and offers development opportunities to help you cultivate your career in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
OME: Sasol Energy
Geographical Area: Sasolburg, Freestate, South Africa
Purpose of Job
Completed S4/S5 University students the opportunity to complete the required 1 year P1 and P2 experiential learning required to obtain their National Diploma;
Completed National Diploma or BEng Tech students the opportunity to complete 1 year of experiential learning.
Provides technical support to managers and engineers in specific designated environments by applying theoretical skills, making suggestions and assist in implementation of optimizing systems under supervision. This is a Non-permanent performance-based contract.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Build customer relationships in order to understand their needs
- Standards are met in terms of quality, quantity and due dates
- Provide good quality results when accumulating data, processing data or reporting on data
- Manage own work planning and delivery in accordance with curriculum
- Identify optimization opportunities and assist with the implementation thereof, under supervision
- Develop suitable technical proposals based on practical and theoretical knowledge
- Provide technical support to multi-disciplinary teams in specific environments
- Perform all tasks cost-consciously
- Apply safety principles in the planning and execution of projects
- Attend six-monthly panel reviews to track and adjust performance.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, positions will require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are currently residing within our fence line communities. Proof of address will be required.
- Formal Education
- Post School Tertiary Diploma (South Africa / Eurasia)
- Formal Education – MUST
- A National Senior Certificate or N3 certificate with the subjects Mathematics, Engineering/Physical Science and English/Business English and:
- A completed S4 or S5 from a University of Technology in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) (excluding P1 and P2 – a letter from the University stating such will be required)
A completed National (S) Diploma; BTech or BEng Tech degree in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- A valid driver’s license.
- Min Experience
- Experience: 2+ relevant years
- Key Competencies Required
Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organization and is the key to our growth and success. Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities according to Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan. This includes reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Closing Date: 7 August 2023