General Assistant (TSE230426-8) – Fedics
Reference Number: TSE230426-8
Job Title: General Assistant
Business Unit / Division: Fedics
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
We are recruiting a General Assistant to join our team. The General Assistant assists the Cooks and Chefs with food productions, operates the cash register, serves food, and keeps the canteen and kitchen clean.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Company & Statutory regulations regarding cleanliness & hygiene are complied with within all tasks undertaken.
- To ensure that the quality standards of both customer service and operating processes, health and safety standards and food standards are met.
- Assists in the preparation of meals, especially salads and desserts.
- Places entrees, salads, desserts and other food on the serving line.
- Keeps the serving line well-stocked and clean.
- May assist in training new employees.
- Stores and records food leftovers.
- Keeps canteen tables, kitchen and other areas clean and orderly.
- Ensure customer expectations are met within the provisions of the contract.
- To ensure a high level of customer service within the area of responsibility.
- Where applicable, to ensure that stock in the designated area of responsibility is counted and signed over to the correct staff on the following shift.
- To carry out any reasonable request by management.
- To report and where possible take action when faced with customer and client complaints or compliments.
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Skills And Competencies:
- Must enjoy practical and methodical work
- Be honest and reliable
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Be able to work quickly and safely
- Have good personal hygiene
- Be free from skin allergies to foods and detergents
- Have good communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have the stamina to work 45-50 hours per week.
- Be able to bend, stand and lift.
- Be 18 years of age Must have completed at least a National Senior Certificate
Closing Date: 2023/05/03
For more information APPLY HERE