Reference Number: AEC230615-8
Pillar: AECI Plant Health
Job Title: Transport Operator
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Perform daily checks of forklift, pallet jack and tractor, ensure forklift and tractor is kept in good, safe and clean condition and report any faults or damage to the Myco Production Team Leader.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum education Grade 12.
- Minimum of 2 year’s relevant plant operation experience in a production environment.
- A Minimum of 1 year’s work experience driving a forklift, tractor + trailer as well as operation of trolley jack.
- Prior work experience or a good understanding of electrical systems and safety around operation of plant and equipment including work experience of operating a drive motor on the conveyor system.
- Computer literate with basic computer skills
- Possess knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Required to drive a forklift, tractor + trailer and trolley jack, be medically fit to drive a forklift as well as tractor + trailer and be in possession of a valid driver’s to drive a forklift as well as a valid driver’s license to drive a tractor.
Assist Team Leaders in executing trials in greenhouses, assist/fill in for colleagues during their absence due to annual leave or sick leave and assist/give input into project work associated with areas of responsibility.
Knowledge of SHEQ Management Systems requirements advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure and able to perform in extreme climatic conditions.
- Must be able to operate in a multi-disciplinary environment and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable attendance record and punctuality.
- Must possess the ability to follow through, prioritise workload and be able to manage frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a team
- Must be in possession of the following valid driver’s licenses – Code B (for motor vehicle); Code B(5) to be able to drive a tractor, forklift driver’s license and a valid PrDP advantageous.
- Must be medically fit to drive the aforementioned vehicles.
- Have a sound knowledge and maintain a “hands on” approach of the plants and processes in the incumbent’s areas of responsibility.
Closing Date: 2023/06/30
For more information>>> APPLY HERE >>AECI