Job Title: Driver
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to [email protected].
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division: TPT Port Elizabeth MPT
Position Title: Driver: <15 Ton
Employee Group: Non Permanent
Location: Port Elizabeth
Reporting To: Grade Level :HRLYK1
Reference Number: 203321
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO THE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR AND IS ON A FIXED-TERM HOURLY BASIS
To load, unload, convey and stack cargo within the Terminal in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedures
in order to ensure a continuous flow of operations.
- Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work to ensure that
- Complete daily task sheet and record defects and advise supervisor.
- Check tonnage of cargo and lifting capacity of machine.
- Re-fuel machine when required.
- Prepare equipment for relevant cargo.
- Operate allocated equipment if accordance with applicable stands operating procedure and monitor equipment performance
- during performance of the job.
- Follow procedures for accidents and breakdowns and report these.
- Housekeeping on equipment and tools.
- Perform end of shift task
Qualifications & Experience:
- Years of Experience with a formal qualification:
- Grade 12 / NQF 4
- 1-year relevant experience driving a forklift
- Certificate of competence for forklift and tractor-trailer
- Valid code 10/C1 drivers’ license with PDP
- Daily task on equipment
- Shut down procedures
- Safety procedures and regulations
- Lifting equipment regulations
- Cargo and equipment procedures
- Terminal layout
Closing Date: 25-08-2023.