There are a lot of reasons why you may want to deactivate your Facebook account and keep using the messenger app. With Facebook Messenger, you can share information in any format and interact with friends, family, and even followers.
One of the reasons why you may want to deactivate your Facebook account is to reduce distractions, especially if you are an individual who uses the app for official matters such as business and some other important stuff.
The Facebook Messenger app supports end-to-end encryption which makes it safe for chatting and sharing confidential information among trusted individuals.
Overall, Facebook has become part of many people’s lives, allowing them to connect with friends and family, share updates, and discover interesting content. However, there may be times when you feel the need to take a break from the platform without completely severing ties with your friends on Messenger.
If you’re wondering how to deactivate your Facebook account and still keep Messenger, we will walk you through the steps in this article.
Different Between Temporary Deactivating And Deleting Facebook Account
Deleting your Facebook account and temporarily deactivating it are two different actions with distinct implications. Here’s a breakdown of the differences:
Deactivating Facebook Account
When you Temporarily deactivate your Facebook account, your profile gets removed from public visibility your name, photos, and other information won’t appear on the platform when searched for.
All your timeline and posts are hidden, and your friends won’t be able to search for or interact with your account’s previous activities, except through the messenger app.
Most importantly, you can reactivate your account at any time by logging back in, which will restore all your previous information and connections with your friend.
During deactivation, Facebook keeps all your data but makes it inaccessible to others. Deactivation is useful if you want to take a break from Facebook temporarily or if you’re uncertain about permanently deleting your account.
Deleting Facebook Account
Deleting your Facebook account permanently removes your Facebook account and all associated data from the platform.
You will no longer have access to your profile, and your information, photos, posts, and connections will be deleted along with your Messenger account. One thing about deleting your Facebook account is that once deleted, it cannot be recovered.
You would need to create a new account if you wish to use Facebook again. Deleting your account is advised if you have no intention of using Facebook in the future and want to remove all your data from the platform.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account And Keep Messenger
1. Open your Facebook app or web and log in to your account. Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner.
2. Scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy,” and Click on Settings.
3. Under settings, you will find Account Center, open and tap on select “Personal Details.”
4. You will find “Account ownership and control” under account details. Tap on it and tap on “Deactivation or Deletion.“
5. On the Deactivation or Deletion page, you will have to select your Facebook account and click next to choose if you are deactivating or deleting the account.
6. To deactivate your account, choose “Deactivate account” and click Continue, you will be prompted to enter your password.
7. After entering your password, you will be prompted to enter the reason why you are deactivating your account.
8. You will be provided with options to choose how many days you want it to automatically reactivates. You can simply choose “Do not reactivate automatically” and click on Continue.
9. You can simply choose any options that suit the situation and click “Continue.”
10. Lastly, a page to confirm the deactivation will be shown. Click “Deactivate My Account” and your account will be deactivated and your messenger account will still be active after this.
By following these steps, using your iPhone or Android devices, web browser, or app you can easily deactivate your account. Taking a break from Facebook while still using Messenger to stay connected with friends and family.
It’s a great way to disconnect from the platform’s distractions while maintaining important communication channels.
How To Delete Facebook Account Permanently
To delete your Facebook account, you can simply follow the same steps above, instead of choosing to deactivate, choose “Delete Account” and proceed with the instructions that follow. Remember deleting your account removes all your delete from Facebook.
Deactivating your Facebook account while keeping Messenger provides a balance between staying connected with others and taking a break from the social media platform. It’s a useful option for those who want to step away from Facebook temporarily without losing touch with Messenger contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions
If someone tries to search for you after you deactivate but keep Messenger, what do they see?
After deactivating your Facebook account, your profile won’t appear in any search results on Facebook. They may see other users whose names are similar to yours.
Can a non-friend find your Messenger “profile” after deactivating your account?
After deactivating your account, nobody will be able to add or find you on Facebook Messenger. You can only keep chatting with the friends you already have on Messenger.
Can friends see that it’s possible to send a message?
If your friends are already on the messenger app, they can see when you are online and active, if your active status is on. And they can message you.