TB Hiv Care Is Hiring Data Capturers – TB HIV Care
Job Title: Data Capturer
Location: Clinic or FacilityeThekwini
TB HIV Care (THC), in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non-profit organization. We provide health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs.
THC provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care.
Our work culture is adapted to the constantly-evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Purpose of the position:
To capture incoming clinical data on clients rendered service from the facilities, mobile and outreach teams; Maintain electronic database for data submitted; Check data correctness, completeness, consistency and data verification by liaising with relevant staff, conduct quality control of the study forms.
- Grade 12 / matric
- 2-years experience of data capturing, reporting and maintaining database
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Good Clinical Practice
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality specifically as it relates to human subject’s research
- Familiarity with the public health sector and Tier.Net
- Proficiency in English, isiZulu and isiXhosa/any local language
- Clear criminal record
- Available Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture quantitative and qualitative data into database and spreadsheets.
- Capture data collected in context of clinical service delivery into a specific database on daily basis and ensure safe keeping of client files and confidentiality (refer to POPI ACT).
- Assist with all data back-filling needs for study and program
- Perform data quality checks and follow up with any discrepancies as appropriate
- Refer to data quality principles (i.e. accurateness, completeness, timeliness, reliability & integrity of data) to conduct daily duties at all times.
- Conduct quality control (QC) of study forms (i.e. verifications, calculate error rates)
- Respond to queries relating to data as needed for the study and programme
- Prepare/update forms and materials for study data collection
- Conduct data mop up in all databases and populate reports. Accurately file study paper forms and store in a lockable cabinet in a designated office at the site.
- Perform regular backups of database at centralized servers
- Make sure databases are encrypted, password protected and accessible only by appropriate study staff and site manager
- Responsible for ensuring that a reliable paper trail exists for all data
- Ensure that access to hard copies of data is seamless.
- Ensure all the study samples are labelled accurately and shipped to the NHLS/NICD
- Ensure data capture tools are accurately completed
- Verify data from paper forms with data captured in an electronic database
- Verify monthly totals by counting paper reporting tools
Skills and Competencies:
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem solving skills
- Database management
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
Closing Date: 2024/01/29