Job Title: Assistant Investigator
The Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) with its head office in Eco Park – Centurion is the statutory body regulating the private security industry in South Africa. PSiRA is looking for dynamic experienced and suitably qualified professionals to take up these challenging positions. It is the intention of the Authority to promote representatives through the filling of these positions.
- A recognized Certificate or Diploma in Policing / Forensic Investigation or Law Qualification
- Coupled with a minimum of 2-3 years? experience in investigation
- A valid driver?s license with 2 years’ experience in driving and must have their own reliable transport
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and experience on the Job may be considered during the selection process.
- Computer literate, Good administrative, analytical, technical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are a pre-requisite
- Sound knowledge relevant Acts, procedures, and any other relevant legislations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist the investigator in rendering effective and professional investigative duties to safeguard the interests of the Private Security Regulatory Authority
- Provide judicial support in achieving the fundamentals of investigation such as interviewing of witnesses /victims, questioning of suspects, compiling written reports , making recommendations and testifying at internal, criminal and or industrial hearings
- Gather, preserve and analysing evidence relevant to an investigation, which can include the assembling of documentation, taking of statements, photographs, video footages, computer derived and any other material evidence
- Assist the senior investigators in preparation of comprehensive reports, maintaining accurate case files and procurement, and analysis of information retrieved from various sources
- Assist in the achievement of organizational objective through the application of any legal investigation techniques while ensuring the implementation of organizational policies
- Liaise with external bodies i.e. SAPS,DOL,DOHA, and the public to ensure prompt response and resolution of complaints and enquiries
- Conduct administrative duties such as ensuring the reports, registers, statistics, and records are accurate and procedurally correct
- Carry out a variety of investigative tasks that may arise on an ad hoc basis.
CLOSING DATE: 2023-07-27