Job Title: Apprentice Level 1 – Motus Mercedes-Benz
Reference Number: MOT230918-3
Branch/Department: MB Sandton, MB Bryanston and MB Constantia Kloof
Job Type Classification: Apprenticeship
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng Location
To learn and develop technical and diagnostic skills in order to complete various levels of work accurately and timeously as per agreed standard operating procedures. To diagnose, remove, repair and replace components.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
PROCESS AND GOVERNANCE
- Deliver on agreed performance targets according to set procedures and service level agreement.
- Execute work in line with governance and compliance processes.
- Identify and apply known solutions to operational challenges and escalate unresolved issues.
- Record and report on transactional activities to provide timely and accurate information for decision making in area of accountability.
- Ensure customer assets are safeguarded as per company policies and procedures.
- Maintain evidence of portfolio.
- Perform tasks in accordance with specified apprentice curriculum, these include all workplace safety regulations and all other specific actions listed in the
- learner agreement.
- Execute work activities effectively and efficiently in order to maximise financial performance and profitability.
- Deliver services that creates a culture which aims to exceed customers’ expectations in all aspects of the business.
- Deliver work activities effectively to satisfy customers.
- Attend training initiatives to improve work quality and enhance own skills.
- Own and live up to company values.
- Provide support to assigned technician for the purpose of learning.
- Receive training and development interventions according to the logbook and planned training programme.
GENERIC JOB COMPETENCIES
Communication: The demonstrate ability to exchange information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience, in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence other to achieve the desired outcomes.
Conflict Management: Being able to identify and handle conflicts sensibly, fairly, and efficiently. Resolving conflict, before it becomes a major obstacle to the work environment and critical in relation to customers.
Legacy Technical Competencies: This competency reflects on those inherited, predominant, common, routine competencies expected from each generic role profile, and sets the platform of the people, equipment or situations that will be interacted with or be dealt with.
Manage personal work priorities and professional development: The competency reflects on and demonstrates employee accountability towards their own professional development and sets the environment for corporate social responsibility and the competence essential to advance corporate citizenship.
Occupational Health and Safety: To provide for the health and safety of persons at work and for the health and safety of persons in connection with the use of equipment and against hazards to health and safety, arising out of or in connection with, the activities of persons at work
Technical Learning: Must be able to demonstrate an eagerness and support for learning, especially in own functional area.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 0-1 year experience in a similar environment
- Minimum Qualification
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science
- Higher Certificates and/or Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates with N2 with Technial Maths and Technical Science
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Industry legislative compliance/ knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license
Closing Date: 2023/09/23